People who are tech-savvy and work as web developers in the US and around the world use programming languages to communicate with computers. This job is now in demand in almost every industry and across the globe as many companies now are invest in their website development. These websites, apps, and software are built using different programming languages. If you want to learn programming and website development, or if you are a business owner who wants to know what your web developer is trying to do with your website, this blog is for you.
Before we get into the most commonly used programming languages for a business website, let us first define what a programming language is and what it takes to build and operate your website.
What is a Programming Language?
A programming language is a type of computer language used by programmers and web developers to create software programs, scripts, and other sets of instructions that can be executed by a computer. To this day, there are approximately 700 programming languages. While all of them are useful in some ways, not all of them are appropriate for ecommerce website development in the US and other countries.
Programming languages serve as the foundation for a wide range of tools that are used by every business in every industry today. This is the foundation of all systems, programs, applications, games, and other software. Most business owners may not understand the intricacies of web development and design; however, understanding them will enable them to understand the fundamentals before speaking with or hiring a web developer.
Most Commonly Used Programming Languages
Developers can choose from a variety of programming languages. They typically use the language in which they are most comfortable, as well as their prior experience with other languages. The following are some of the most widely used programming languages:
- Java – This is a popular programming language that has been around for nearly three decades and currently powers billions of digital services, including Android. It is a high-level, object-oriented programming language that provides security and high performance. This is known as the multipurpose language because it can be used in any platform, field, or project. Here are some examples of where it is commonly used:
- Game Applications
- Desktop Applications
- Web Applications
- Enterprise Applications
- Android Applications
- Numerical Computation
- Big Data Projects
- IoT Projects
- Python – A well-known programming language used in scientific computation, data analysis and collection, and machine learning (ML). It is also one of the most popular and widely used languages due to its ease of use and low cost, as well as its effective communication with other languages, scalability, and extensibility. Here are a few of the benefits that Python provides software developers:
- Extensive Frameworks and Libraries
- GUI Support
- Automatic Garbage Collection
- C/C++ – It is the best language for game development, and many companies that create 3D games and other dynamic products use it. It is also used in database management systems, operating systems, and medical applications. This is very useful for business because it provides options and dependability of reuse and functional libraries, allowing you to build network applications and countless other projects.
- GoLang – Is a Google-created open-source programming language. Its simplicity, conciseness, and ability to compile quickly make programmers’ jobs easier. It also includes a testing feature that allows developers to run hundreds of automated tests each month.
There are hundreds of other programming languages used by web developers in the US and around the world for a variety of purposes. These are just a few of the most common ones to give you an idea of how programming languages work. Always go with the most dependable and the best web development company to assist you in creating a functional and effective website for your business.
To begin working on your website, call Technodream at (702) 983-8828 or (702) 359-3320. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us help you get to the top by providing exceptional and effective web development and web design services. We look forward to hearing from you soon!